- The Board of Directors is always looking for individuals who are interested in becoming a member. If you are interested in the work of the Centre, want to learn, and want to make a difference, becoming a Small Talk Board Member may appeal to you. Please contact us for more information.
- Our volunteer Classroom Assistants enjoy working with young children and may have knowledge/experience in early childhood/elementary/special education or in early intervention. They help our program teachers with implementing activities, engaging children in play, preparing materials and contributing to the nurturing learning environment. All volunteer Classroom Assistants must be able to commit their time on a regular basis for at least 3 months, undergo a criminal record check and sign a confidentiality agreement in order to provide children with a consistent and safe environment. If you are interested, please send your resume and current availability to email@example.com for an interview.
The Small Talk Plywood Cup is our major annual fundraising event. Proceeds from the event allow us to offer financial support towards the cost of therapy fees for the families who need it most and to enrich our intervention services. Please click on the link above for more information.
Small Talk holds an annual Winter Raffle that aims to bring families, friends and community members together to fund our bursary program. Please click on the link above for more information.
Small Talk would hugely appreciate any other volunteer fundraising efforts. Please call us to share your fundraising ideas.
Small Talk would not exist without the generosity of community members like you. There are many ways to support our mission:
- Share your expertise. We are always looking for skilled experts to help us maintain and improve our centre. Whatever your special interests may be, please call and share your knowledge or practical skills with us.
- Donate books and toys. If you have books and toys in good condition at home that are no longer in use, you can donate them to help us enrich our curriculum.
- Financial contribution from individuals and organizations helps Small Talk provide quality services and sustain our bursary program for children and families in need. For donations over $25, we will issue a tax receipt upon request. Donations can be made with cheques payable to Small Talk, via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or online through PayPal by clicking the donate button on our website. Please contact us if you would like to make other arrangements.