Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) and other language-based learning difficulties are often hidden or overlooked. Awareness, knowledge and advocacy are therefore critical in order to help young children with their extra support needs and utilize their individual learning styles. Below is a collection of useful tools for you to learn more about DLD and communicate your child’s best interest.
*Small Talk Alumni: If you require information specific to your child, please email us.
Developmental Language Disorder
Strategies on Supporting Language Development
Language for Social-Emotions and Executive Functioning Development
Supporting Successful School Participation
other HELPFUL links
- Vancouver Coastal Health Speech and Language Services for Children under 5
- Alan Cashmore Centre Infants and Childhood Mental Health Service
- Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- BC Ministry of Children and Family Development
- BC Association of Speech-Language Pathologists & Audiologists
- Vancouver School Board
- BC Centre for Ability